Who are they?
PAB members are KU alums who work in a wide range of film and media industries throughout the nation. They give back to our program by sharing their professional experience, knowledge, and insight with the department.
What do they do?
Every year, they come to Lawrence to meet and discuss department curriculum, internships, industry trends, technological innovations, and important funding initiatives to help keep our program relevant and competitive. They also love to connect with our students!
The Film and Media Studies Professional Advisory Board will advise and assist the Department of Film and Media Studies with their stated mission of education, research and service by contributing their time, talent and financial support.
The charge of the Advisory Board is to:
- Advise faculty, staff and students on current and future trends in the industries and on career-related opportunities.
- Advise faculty and staff on fund-raising efforts and help identify sources of contributed and earned support.
- Advise faculty and staff on the development, structure and implementation of an internship/mentoring program.
- Work with faculty and staff to help identify equipment and facility needs.
- Assist and advise the Department in maintaining effective communication with alumni from the Department of Film and Media Studies.
- Advise the faculty and students on ways to integrate the practice of film artistry with the humanistic dimension of the field.
- Offer individual talent and expertise in providing workshops, seminars, and tutorial experience for students in the Department of Film and Media Studies.
Professional Advisory Board Member List
|Writer, American Dad!
|Visual Effects Supervisor, Westworld
|Director, Game of Thrones
|TV/Animation Writer, The Owl House, Zokie on Planet Ruby, My Little Pony: Make Your Mark, Batwheels, Wolfboy and the Everything Factory
|Associate Professor of Film Studies, Hofstra University
|Director, Writer, Dog Bowl, founder of Blue Cat Screenplay Competition
|Key Grip, The Goldbergs
|Director, Screenwriter, Playwright, Dirty Weekend
|Casting Director, Winter's Bone, principal owner of Wright/Laird Casting
|CEO, Mythical Games
|CSO, Attack! Marketing Agency
|Christopher D. Martin
|Visual Effects Supervisor, Netflix
|Producer, Hallmark Hall of Fame
|Arthel McDaniel III
|Senior Director, Business Development, Smashing Ideas
|Cinematographer, Red Bird, The Square Root
|VP, Content Management at Paramount +
|Writer, Hatfields & McCoys
|Director, Writer, Producer, Innocent
|Field Producer, Jimmy Kimmel Live!
|Director, Chasing Chasing Amy
|Producer, Space Cowboys
|Director, Sleepy Hollow, Geostorm
|Media Librarian, Archivist, Historian, University of Maryland
|KC Film Commissioner
|Content Manager, CurrentTV, AI Jazeera America, Audibles SmartNews
|Casting Producer, High School Musical
|EVP Production & Development, Endgame Entertainment
|Head of Production, North America, TV commercials, online content, documentaries: Intel, Wendys, Coke, Sam's Club, Dicks Sporting Goods, Microsoft, Virgin Voyages
|Director, thebear.us / winnebagoman.com / chopandsteelemovie.com
|Writer, Executive Producer, Raven's Home